Posted 06/27/2019 by Eagle Communications
In today’s digital age, a company’s productivity and efficiency depend on more than capable, hardworking employees and high-functioning equipment like computers, printers, and phones. Running a business smoothly requires a robust and secure network infrastructure. Without a solid infrastructure in place, a business may suffer from a poor user experience that impacts employees, or customers, or security issues that can affect employee productivity, increase costs or even damage your brand. It’s important to understand what network infrastructure really means and why it’s vital for your business.
What is Network Infrastructure?
Network infrastructure connects devices together, either through wired or wireless means, using an access point such as a router. But it’s also the hardware and software that enable network connectivity, communication, operations and management of a network. It provides the communication path and services between users, processes, applications, and external networks/the internet.
The primary components of a network infrastructure are typically broken down into three categories:
· Software: Network security applications, firewalls, operating systems, network management, network operations, and more.
· Services: IP addressing, wireless protocols, satellite, DSL, T-1 Line, and more.
Imagine a small business with two or more computers that need to communicate with each other to share things like a customer database and other common files. Two or more computers connected by a hub and then to a network or internet connection is the simplest form of a network infrastructure. Routers allow the network of computers to communicate with one another while switches regulate the flow of information.
What are the benefits of Network Infrastructure?
A Creating a secure network infrastructure minimizes downtime and ensures that productivity remains as consistent as possible.
Scalability. A solid network infrastructure supports the growth of your business without having to redesign your network.
Cost-effectiveness. The costs of running your network will be consistent, and you will experience fewer network disruptions that may affect your bottom line.
Security. Managed network services provide enhanced security and protection from annoyances like spam, malware and viruses, while also keeping your data safe and secure.
Reach. Network infrastructure enables your employees to be connected to your network, no matter their location.
At Eagle Technology Solutions (ETS), our team is trained to set up and support networks of all sizes with a variety of demands. Here are some benefits to having someone else manage your network infrastructure:
1. It’s one less thing you need to worry about in your day-to-day operations - hiring us to manage your network frees up your time to handle your business priorities.
2. You can eliminate the need to hire a full-time IT professional by outsourcing the management of your network.
3. Keep your network efficient and secure by allowing us to actively manage the network. Continue to receive maintenance, like technology updates, while also being monitored for security vulnerabilities.
4. When ETS manages your network, we become familiar with your company’s needs, which enables us to provide consistent support and make recommendations for improvements or efficiencies.
5. There are varying levels of network support solutions available. Whether you need an annual assessment of your network or full and active management, we can offer the best solution for your network and business requirements.